Time to wrap up the Spring 2018 Bloggiesta! I’m so sad that it’s over, because this week was wild. For anyone who isn’t familiar with Bloggiesta, it’s a periodic event that focuses on tackling the blog-related tasks we all mean to do, but never get around to. It’s a super supportive community, and so it’s been a very productive week.
Here were my goals for the week, and my progress on each of them.
- Migrate the pictures on my blog that were hosed on Photobucket. I’ve made a lot of progress on this. I haven’t gotten to all of them, which is to be expected, because this task required editing hundreds of posts. But already my Twitter feed looks cleaner (from retweeting old posts that no longer have broken images), and I feel like the end is in sight.
- Writing reviews for the stack of manga that I’d read and not gotten around to writing about. I wrote reviews for all but one book. Exciting!
- Visiting other blogs, and discovering more books to get excited about. Did I mention how great the Bloggiesta community is? This week with all of you has helped me get excited about blogging again.
- Go through my email, and respond to blog-related inquiries. Well, I still haven’t responded to everything, but at least I went through my email and cleaned it up. Now the only things marked unread at the top of my Gmail are things I actually need to respond to, versus things I had considered and decided against.
- Revisit the typography on my blog. I changed the font on my headings, and upped the font size in my posts. Yes it’s plainer and a bit more boring, but I think in terms of readability that it’s pretty good now.
I also participated in a couple twitter chats, which were all fantastic!
- Intro twitter chat
- Blogging slumps
- Memes & challenges
I learned so many new things, and came away with ideas, including an idea for a potential meme.
How has your week been? Fellow Bloggiesta participants, did you accomplish most of your goals?