While many of the books that I review are books that I have purchased or borrowed from libraries, I do accept review copies on an ongoing basis.
If you are an author/publicist/publisher/etc. and would like me to consider reviewing one of your books, please see the following guidelines:
- I only accept books that have been professionally edited. I don’t want to feel like I need to whip out a red pen while reading. While I prefer traditionally published books, well-edited indie books are also welcome.
- I prefer to accept print review copies. I like to read in the bathtub, and electronics and water don’t mix.
I do have a Kindle, but bear in mind that I will take longer to read and review electronic books.EDIT: As of August 2013, my e-reader is on the fritz, so I’m going to hold off on accepting new electronic review copies for a couple months with the exception of one or two authors who I’m long-time fans of (you know who you are).
- I am willing to review books either before or after they have been released. Older books are welcome.
- I cross post excerpts and links to my reviews on Goodreads. I am willing to post reviews to Amazon upon request.
- I do not use a star-based rating system on my blog. Different people like different books for different reasons, and I’d like my reviews to reflect that. I will use stars on Goodreads/NetGalley, but don’t take them too seriously.
- I am most likely to accept review requests from the genres of fantasy, sci-fi, horror, erotica, and historical fiction. I particularly enjoy books that are in some way related to Russia. Most of the books that I read are aimed at adults, but I also accept YA novels.
- I do NOT accept romance, thrillers, mysteries, self-help books, or Christian fiction (unless it’s Christian historical fiction, which is different). I also don’t like depressing books. There are enough depressing things in real life. If it’s a tear-jerker, I’m probably gonna hate it.
- While I review the vast majority of books that I receive, I do not guarantee a review. Also, please note that sometimes it takes me a few months to get to a book. Blogging is a hobby, not my profession, and I don’t have superpowers or a Hermione Granger time turner. If you can supply me with a time turner, time machine, Delorian, etc., I will be forever indebted to you.
Review requests should be submitted via e-mail to grace (dot) troxel (at) gmail (dot) com.
Guest Posts/Author Interviews/Cover Reveals
I am willing to host guest posts, author interviews, and cover reveals on a limited basis. Please contact me if you are interested. Generally, I limit these to authors whose books I have either read in the past or am currently reading.
Comments make me happy. This includes comments from authors, who are more than welcome to stop by. I reserve the right to delete any comments that aren’t civil/respectful. As of writing this policy, I’ve never had to do that, which is one of the reasons why I love the book blogging community so much. I also reserve the right to delete spam posts, unless the spambots become intelligent enough to contribute meaningfully to the conversation, in which case I welcome our robot overlords to join the dialogue.
Advertising & Sponsorship
The occasional sponsored post, affiliate link, or sidebar ad will be used to help offset the cost of web hosting. I promise to keep these discrete and ideally book-related.
Do you want to sponsor a post, giveaway, etc.? Contact me and we’ll chat.
Questions? Comments? Any miscellaneous feedback/questions/thoughts can be directed to me via e-mail at grace (dot) troxel (at) gmail (dot) com.