It’s the first Saturday in May, which means it’s time for the My TBR List meme! It works like this:
- 1st Saturday of the month – Make a post with three books from your TBR list for people to vote on.
- 2nd Saturday of the month – Announce what book wins.
- 3rd Saturday of the month – Nothing (reading the book).
- 4th Saturday of the month – Review the book.
Last month, I ended up reading Our Lady of the Ice. It was such a good experience that I’m going to jump in again. This time I’m going to switch up the genre to some of the YA novels that have been on my shelf for way too long. Please take a look at the choices and vote in the poll below!
- “The Crooked Kingdom” by Leigh Bardugo – Kaz Brekker and his crew have just pulled off a heist so daring even they didn’t think they’d survive. But instead of divvying up a fat reward, they’re right back to fighting for their lives. Double-crossed and badly weakened, the crew is low on resources, allies, and hope. As powerful forces from around the world descend on Ketterdam to root out the secrets of the dangerous drug known as jurda parem, old rivals and new enemies emerge to challenge Kaz’s cunning and test the team’s fragile loyalties. A war will be waged on the city’s dark and twisting streets―a battle for revenge and redemption that will decide the fate of the Grisha world.
- “Walk on Earth a Stranger” by Rae Carson – Lee Westfall has a strong, loving family. She has a home she loves and a loyal steed. She has a best friend—who might want to be something more. She also has a secret. Lee can sense gold in the world around her. Veins deep in the earth. Small nuggets in a stream. Even gold dust caught underneath a fingernail. She has kept her family safe and able to buy provisions, even through the harshest winters. But what would someone do to control a girl with that kind of power? A person might murder for it.
- “The Fallen Kingdom” by Elizabeth May – Deep in a forest, Aileana Kameron claws her way out of the earth. Back from the dead with no memory of who she is or what has happened to her, the Falconer now possesses even greater otherworldly powers and a ruthless instinct to kill—and the one piece of knowledge that can change everything.