Happy New Year! Even though 2016 may have sucked on so many different levels, there *were* some good things about it. (For example, 2016 gave us Yuri on Ice, which is pretty much the greatest anime ever and if you haven’t watched it yet you should stop reading this and go watch Yuri on Ice right now. You’ll thank me.) And during 2016, I read a lot of good books. Here is a small sampling of my favorites:
- Monstress by Marjorie Liu
- The Woman in the Photo by Mary Hogan
- The Rook by Daniel O’Malley
- The Obelisk Gate by NK Jemisin
- The Vanishing Throne by Elizabeth May
What were some of your favorite books over the past year? And what are you excited to read next?