During June, I’ve been attempting to step up my reading game to put me (closer to being) on track for my Goodreads goal of reading 65 books by the end of the year. Even though I’m still 5ish books behind, I’m at least not falling further behind anymore.
This month I read and reviewed the following books:
- [1 Jun] Marlene: A Novel by C.W. Gortner
- [15 Jun] The Woman in the Photo: A Novel by Mary Hogan
- [17 Jun] Red Velvet and Absinthe by Mitzi Szereto, Kelley Armstrong, Zander Vyne, Charlotte Stein, Ashley Lister, Sharon Bidwell, Claire Buckingham, Giselle Renarde, Cary Williams, Tahira Iqbal, Bonnie Dee, Rose de Fer, Janine Ashbless, Elizabeth Daniels, Anna Meadows, Even Mora
- [24 Jun] The Fifth Season (The Broken Earth, #1) by N.K. Jemisin
- [27 Jun] Black Butler, Volume 01 by Yana Toboso, Tomo Kimura
During July, I’m probably going to focus on shorter books and/or novellas. I’m going to be traveling a lot both for work and personally. I’ll be in Boston, Chicago, and PA this month, and three trips is a lot of travel in not very much time. So I’ll probably be reading more of what’s on my Kindle, as well as more things that I can finish in smaller amounts of time. And of course, I’d really like to finish some of the books that I’m currently reading:
- The Sparrow by Mary Doria Russell – on loan from a coworker, and I’m taking 5 ever to return it–that’s one more than 4 ever
- The Immortal Crown by Keith Merrill – epic fantasy with lots of potential winners, but only one can be the prophesied
- The Last Woman Standing by Thelma Adams – set in the wild west
- Rebellion by Karen Sandler – book 3 in a trilogy, but it’s falling flat so far
What are you planning to read this month?