The Once Upon a Time Challenge hosted by Carl at Stainless Steel Droppings is one of my favorite blogging events of the year. Participants welcome spring by immersing themselves in the fantastic, encountering trolls, goblins, and mysterious fae through media such as books, short stories, games, and film. This was the challenge that introduced me to the book blogging community, and I’m honored to be able to participate again. This year’s challenge is open until June 21st, and I’d encourage you to stop by the Review Site and see what others are reading.
This year has been a lot busier than in the past (at least it feels like it… maybe I’m just tired. Grown-up jobs will do that), and so I’m going to see where the wind takes me when determining how much I’ll participate. I do have several reviews on the horizon that fall into the fantasy/folklore/magical genres, so here are some of the ones you can look forward to in upcoming weeks:
- Anansi Boys by Neil Gaiman
- Enchanted by Aletha Kontis
- The Guild of Assassins by Anna Kashina
- Shadow Scale by Rachel Hartman
Those four books are definite. Depending on time, here are some of the others that I’d love to read and review throughout the course of the challenge:
- Oathkeeper by J.F. Lewis
- Hidden Huntress by Danielle L. Jensen
- Acorna by Anne McCaffrey
- …more of the many many fantasy novels sitting on my bookshelves. If I were to list them all, this blog post would turn into a giant wall of text that nobody would bother to read. Not that anyone’s going to bother to read it anyway, especially because I’ve been incredibly reclusive lately. 😉
Are you participating in this year’s Once Upon a Time? What books are you planning to read?