September marks the beginning of fall–the return of cooler weather, pumpkin spice deliciousness, and assorted squash that I’m not entirely sure how to cook (But never fear, Pinterest will teach me! Apparently the spell-checker in WordPress doesn’t believe that Pinterest is a word. It is clearly behind the times.).
These are the reviews that I wrote over the course of the month. Several of them were a part of Carl’s R.eaders I.mbibing P.eril challenge, which focuses on reading mystery/paranormal/creepy books in preparation for Halloween. It’s one of my favorite reading events of the year, and I’m delighted to be participating again.
- [3 Sep] The Book of the Crowman by Joseph D'Lacey
- [5 Sep] The Weirdness by Jeremy Bushnell
- [8 Sep] Storm Siren by Mary Weber
- [12 Sep] The Thinking Woman's Guide to Real Magic by Emily Croy Barker
- [17 Sep] Six-Gun Snow White by Catherynne Valente
- [19 Sep] Rogue's Pawn by Jeffe Kennedy
- [22 Sep] Lust by Diana Raab
- [24 Sep] Grudgebearer by J.F. Lewis
- [29 Sep] Dreamer's Pool by Juliet Marillier