April was a strangely unproductive blogging month for me. I was mostly absent from the blogosphere, and the vast majority of my posts were ones that were scheduled well in advance. Here are my reviews for the month:
- [7 Apr] Blades of the Old Empire by Anna Kashina
- [10 Apr] The Kingdom of the Gods by N.K. Jemisin
- [12 Apr] Master of the Opera Act 6: Crescendo by Jeffe Kennedy
- [14 Apr] The Falconer by Elizabeth May
- [18 Apr] Steelheart by Brandon Sanderson
- [29 Apr] Prince of Tricks by Jane Kindred
I’ve been feeling overwhelmed and overscheduled lately. Not just here, but in my day-to-day life. I’ve spent too much time having a social life, and because I don’t know how to say no to people, I’ve been sorely lacking introvert time to read/relax/breathe. I’ve fallen behind in the Words of Radiance groupread, and even though I meant to catch up this weekend, I just didn’t have the time or energy.
Basically, I need a vacation, which is why I’m glad that Book Expo America is right around the corner. I’m planning to go to NYC for a few days to go to the conference, but also to give myself a much-needed break. If any bloggers are going and want to split a hotel room, send me an e-mail for more details (no axe murderers, please). I’ll probably be going down Wednesday and coming back Sunday. If any of you are planning on going to BEA, let me know so we can make plans to meet up.