During June, I had lamented that I was behind on both reading and reviews. I’ve finally (mostly) caught up! I read and/or reviewed eleven books this month:
- “The Car Thief” by Theodore Weesner
- “Dust Girl” by Sarah Zettel
- “Legacy of Kings” by C. S. Friedman
- “Deathless” by Catherynne M. Valente
- “A Discovery of Witches” by Deborah Harkness
- “Shadow of Night” by Deborah Harkness
- “Warbreaker” by Brandon Sanderson
- “Silently and Very Fast” by Catherynne Valente
- “Wild Seed” by Octavia Butler
- “The Well of Ascension” by Brandon Sanderson
- “Best Erotic Fantasy & Science Fiction” edited by Cecilia Tan & Bethany Zaiatz
Normally I would list some of my recent book acquisitions in my month-in-review post, but this month I haven’t bought any new books. Mostly it’s because it’s been at least a hundred degrees for much of the past month, and so I’ve been spending most of my time reading in the air conditioning. Walking or taking public transit to a bookstore just doesn’t sound appealing when it’s this hot outside. When it cools down a bit outside I’ll start visiting my local bookstores again. Luckily, I have a lot of review copies of books being released in August/September/October, so I’m in no danger of running out of reading material at any time in the foreseeable future.
My goal for August is to spend most of it reading and relaxing, as classes start up again on the 28th. As far as reading plans go, this month I’ll be participating in my first TLC blog tour, during which I’ll be discussing Irina Lopatina’s “White Raven.” I just finished reading Rachel Neumeier’s “The House of Shadows,” so I should have a review up within the next few days. I’ve also got an author interview scheduled for next week with Debra Dean that will coincide with the release of her book The Mirrored World, which I read and reviewed earlier this summer. Yay!
This weekend also begins the final groupread in Brandon Sanderson’s Mistborn trilogy. See here for more information or to sign up. This groupread is being done blog tour style, with one blogger hosting the discussions each week.
What are your reading plans for the upcoming month?